Confidential Counselling for Couples
Families, Individuals and LGBTQ2+
Sex Therapy and Counselling
Healthy Relationships Individual(s), Couples, Family and LGBTQ2+ sex therapy and counselling sessions are all designed to be in a confidential and safe environment.
Our sex therapist and counsellors can help clients work through relationship or communication challenges with the goal of enhancing emotional closeness and sexual intimacy.
Working together we will focus on identifying the reasons for the breakdown of communication, relationship and intimacy. Clients will learn to address or alleviate their issues, thereby restoring confidence and self value for a better and healthier level of functionality, intimacy and communication.
- Couple’s and Relationship Conflict
- Women’s Health
- Anxiety and Depression
- Sex Therapy
- Relationship Counselling
- Emotional Regulation
- EMDR for Trauma Desensitization
- Gender Variance
- LGBTIQ2+ Community (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer and Two-Spirited)
- Hormone Readiness Assessments for trans youth and adults
- Assessments for gender creative children considering hormone blockers
- Loss of Sexual Intimacy
- Orgasm Difficulties
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Desire Discrepancies
- Sexual Orientation
- Internet Porn Addiction
- Paraphilias (fetishes)
- Support for Gender Dysphoria and Reassignment
- Intimacy Skills, Sex Education and Ethics
Working with individuals and couples on vancouver Island
M.Ed. in Counselling Psychology
Registered Clinical Counsellor BCACC
Registered Clinical Counsellor
We can support you with:
- Learning new skills for healing past hurts
- EMRD for PTSD and other forms of trauma
- Sex Therapy for discovering the language of safety
- Asking for, giving and receiving pleasure
- learning to re-connect on a physical, spiritual and heart level
- through safe touch, holding each other and being held
- Exercises and resources to strengthen the relationship bond
- Learning to address, express, contain and heal pain so that it becomes manageable
- Building on your inner resources to help you regain a sense of self worth
Making Change Isn’t Easy
We can help you identify old patterns that were once useful tools for survival, but are now holding you back from finding love you truly deserve.
The pain of past traumas tends to get in the way of maintaining healthy intimacy in the present.
We have over 15 years of experience working with families, individuals and couples. To find out more, we invite you to contact us, so we can discuss setting up a personal face to face appointment or Skype consultation.
We are Registered Clinical Counsellors who embrace diversity and work with a spectrum of people including
non-binary and transgender youth and adults, as well as gender creative kids and their families. We both provide hormone readiness assessments.
Joanna Morrison has a specialty in sex therapy.
Johanne Saraceno has extensive experience supporting Indigenous healing from intergenerational trauma.
Bringing pleasure and play back into intimacy
- $120* – 60 minute session
- $180* – 90 minute session
- $240* – 120 minute session
- Payments may be made by: Cash, Cheque or E-Transfers
- Receipts sent via email for your records and insurance claims.
* All prices are subject to GST
A sliding scale is available for certain unique situations and can by discussed by email or phone.
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Dr Sue Johnson
- The New Male Sexuality by Bernie Zilbergeld
- Staying in Love: The Top Secrets of Great Relationships by Robyn Salisbury,
- Sex Smart: How Your Childhood Shaped Your Sexual Life and What To Do About It by Aline Zoldbrod
- Finding the Real Me: True tales of sex and gender diversity edited by Tracie O’Keffee and Katrina Fox
- Mating in Captivity by Esther Perel
- The State of Affairs by Esther Perel
Preparing for our session through appropriate reading may make your journey easier. The suggested books are there to inform, help and encourage you to realize you are not alone.